A few months ago I wrote a post about Project 333 where you wear 33 items for 3 months. I finally decided to take part from October – December. I will wear only 33 items (excluding underwear, socks/stockings and gym gear) for the 3 month duration. The exception being that I have an engagement party and a Christmas party to attend so I will wear items that are not part of the Project 333 and will come from my wider wardrobe. I’m looking forward to it. Initially I thought it’d be easy but October through to December in Melbourne, Australia encompasses such a wide range of temperatures and weather types that I’ll need to make sure that the items I’m choosing are practical and can be layered.
Here are the items I have chosen for the experiment.
- Black Cotton On jeans
- Stone Cotton On jeans
- Black Asos skirt
- Blue Jeans West shorts
- Black Decjuba semi-sheer shirt
- Black and white Katies short sleeve top
- Black and white Portmans long sleeve top
- Black and white Only long sleeve blouse
- Black, grey and white Wayne Cooper short sleeve top
- Cotton On black long sleeve top
- Cotton On black singlet
- Cotton On black t-shirt
- Burgundy Wittner ballet flats
- Black Innovare heeled boots
- Black Rollie flats
- Tan Wittner boots
- Berry Haviana thongs
- Black Seed jumper
- White Staff by Maff jumper
- Blue H&M jumper
- Black Cue jumper
- Navy, blush and white Temp jumper
- Grey Zara knit
- Black and white Staff by Maff cardigan
- Black Target faux leather jacket
- Grey Cotton On cardigan
- Black ASOS long sleeve dress
- Patterned Witchery dress
- Black ASOS sleeveless dress
- Black and white Kmart dress
- Black Atmos&Here zip dress
I don’t quite have 33 items. I have 31. But I’m going to stick with the 31 to start with. I’m going to allow myself to add 2 more items during the time frame if I choose to. I don’t feel like I will need to but we will see. I may add some other bottoms as the weather gets warmer but I’m very happy with my choices. I already have a self-appointed wardrobe for work so I’m actually giving myself a bit more to play with now.
I’m on day 3 so far and it’s been fairly easy. Day 1 was spent in pj’s as it was a Sunday and yesterday I wore my Rollies, black jeans, black long sleeve top and the Zara knit. Today I’m wearing Rollies, black jeans, Decjuba shirt and Seed jumper.
Only 89 days to go!