I wanted to do a series that focuses on my spending habits and I realised that I inadvertently started it last month. This series will be two posts a month – one that focuses on my aims for the month and the other that looks into what I achieve. You can find the June post and follow up here and here. You’ll find that my months start in the middle of the month and that is because I generally get paid around the 15th of the month. Depending on how it works out, some months could be 28 days whilst others end up being 35.
- Lunch at the Sofitel for a friend’s birthday – $110
- Xrays etc for surgery – $850
- Dinner with friends – $100
- Train/Uber for Barossa Dirt – $30
- Drinks for when my best friend is back in town from overseas – $50
- Train/Uber for fiance’s mid year social for work – $50
This is my list of additional purchases.
- Black loafers/shoes for work – up to $150
- A new water bottle that tallies how many bottles have been drunk, is BPA free and made of glass – $50
- Single serve bowls that can be microwaved x 4 – up to $50
- iPod – $219 (new item)
- Door bell – $100
I feel like I’m missing a lot in the July spending but I can’t think of anything else. My July isn’t overly busy but that to me doesn’t look like a lot. I guess I knew it was going to be an expensive month because of the prep for surgery (eeek! One month to go!).
I added 2 new item to additional purchases and that is a new iPod and a door bell. I know I’m old school in that I even want a new one but my phone battery just does not last and it’s too big. I am bummed because the iPod I bought in 2006 no longer exists so I have to get a bigger version of the same thing. I’ll keep an eye out in case they go on sale. The door bell is something we really do need because we don’t have one. Our house is also double storey so if you are upstairs the only way you hear anyone at the door is if they yell or bang on the garage door. I made it $100 because I have no idea how much door bells are.
Hopefully I’ve anticipated my spending needs this month but I guess we will see in about 30 days!